★★★★★ 1 vote5
one lbseedless watermelon
1 1/2 carugula - coarsely chopped
1 smallred onion - sliced into thin rings
2 Tbspraspberry vinegar
1juice of one lime
1 smalljuice of one small orange
1 cwalnuts (chopped)
1 ozricotta - coarsely grated
1 - 2 Tbspextra virgin olive oil
·sea salt and freshly ground pepper
How to Make Watermelon and Arugula Salad
- Remove the inside of seedless watermelon and cut into one inch cubes.
- Combine the watermelon, arugula and red onion in a large bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a separate bowl, mix the raspberry vinegar, lime juice and orange juice. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- When removed from refrigerator, combine the watermelon mixture and the vinegar mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste - or leave this for person eating to determine.
- Divide among four plates and drizzle with the dressing that remains in the bowl.
Top with the walnuts and ricotta. Finish with a drizzling of virgin olive oil.