★★★★★ 1 vote5
- one lb
- seedless watermelon
- 1 1/2 c
- arugula - coarsely chopped
- 1 small
- red onion - sliced into thin rings
- 2 Tbsp
- raspberry vinegar
- juice of one lime
- 1 small
- juice of one small orange
- 1 c
- walnuts (chopped)
- 1 oz
- ricotta - coarsely grated
- 1 - 2 Tbsp
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
How to Make Watermelon and Arugula Salad
- 1Remove the inside of seedless watermelon and cut into one inch cubes.
- 2Combine the watermelon, arugula and red onion in a large bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 3In a separate bowl, mix the raspberry vinegar, lime juice and orange juice. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 4When removed from refrigerator, combine the watermelon mixture and the vinegar mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste - or leave this for person eating to determine.
- 5Divide among four plates and drizzle with the dressing that remains in the bowl.
Top with the walnuts and ricotta. Finish with a drizzling of virgin olive oil.