UGLY Hard Boiled Eggs
How to Make UGLY Hard Boiled Eggs
- Use as few or as many eggs as you need according to your recipe. I have cooked as many as a dozen with this method. (You need a gallon bag for that many!) Carefully crack, preserving yolk, into suitably sized bowl, checking for shell pieces as you go. Add desired seasonings.
- Open quart zipper seal bag. Generously spray with cooking spray using your hands to "squish" it around into corners. Stand the bag up in a bowl so that top remains open. Gently pour raw eggs and seasonings into open bag from the bowl in which you cracked them. Firmly seal zipper closed, easing most of the air from the bag. DOUBLE CHECK YOUR SEAL!
- Fill a large pot with cool water. Submerge bag of eggs into water, taking care not to drape top of bag over the side of the pot. (This is why you use a large pot) The bag of eggs should float freely without being constricted by the pot. You may also drop the bag in with any veggies you happen to be boiling.
- Bring to a rolling boil. You may do this with the lid on the pot. Just be sure to start with cool water. Remove the lid when full boil is achieved. Boil until you can see that the yolks are firm. This time will vary according to amount of eggs boiled. Remove bag with slotted spoon or tongs, placing bag into a bowl of ice water. Do not remove eggs from bag until they are cool.
- At this point you are free to be as creative as you wish. The eggs will come out of the bag in one solid piece. Slice the whole piece with your kids, they will love the random placement of the yolks in the whites. Chop to desired consistency for your favorite Salad. Yolks easily separate from the whites if needed. Be creative and have fun!