Summer Broccoli Salad
There are a few of these salads here but I couldn't find any one identical to the other.
My husband, who won't eat anything green (so sad), loves it as does everyone else who tries it and well, I hope you do too!
I've been working on eating lighter and so I've started making it with only a quarter cup mayo and 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt and the flavor is only slightly different and I think it tastes better this way.
- 1/2 c
- mayonnaise (i use best foods) and 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp
- sugar and 1/3 cup splenda
- 1 Tbsp
- white vinegar
- 3/4 c
- 1 bunch
- broccoli florets, rinsed and chopped ( use most of the stalk as well)
- 2 stalk(s)
- green onions, rinsed and chopped
- 1 can(s)
- water chestnuts, drained and diced
- 1 c
- red grapes ( or however many you like to add)
- 4 slice
- cooked and chopped bacon
How to Make Summer Broccoli Salad
- 1The night before serving or several hours prior to, mix the first 3 ingredients with your choice of raisins, (I use red) and let rest in the refrigerator. This allows the flavors to merge giving you a much better salad. I've tried it without letting the flavors marry and found it very lacking.
- 2After you have let the mayo mixture sit for at least 4-6 hours, add the rest of the ingredients which you can prepare while the sauce is resting in the refrigerator.
- 3The original recipe called for 1 cup mayonnaise and 1/3 cup sugar.