Sparkling Berry Salad
- envelopes knox unflavored gelatin
- 2 c
- cranberry - raspberry juice
- 1/3 c
- 1 c
- club soda
- 1 tsp
- lemon juice
- 1 tsp
- fresh grated orange peel (optional)
- 3 c
- assorted blueberries, raspberries, strawberries
How to Make Sparkling Berry Salad
- 1In medium saucepan, sprinkle unflavored gelatin over 1 cup cranberry - raspberry juice; let stand 1 minute.
Stir over low heat until gelatin is completely dissolved, about 5 minutes. Stir in sugar till dissolved.
- 2In a large bowl, blend remaining cran - rasp juice. soda, lemon juice and orange peel.
Chill, stirring occasionally, until mixture is consistency of unbeaten egg whites, about 60 minutes.
- 3Fold in berries. Pour into 6 - cup mold, or bowl; chill until firm, about 3 hours.
- 4Unmold and serve; if desired with sour cream
Substitution: Use 2 cups cranberry juice cocktail, and increase sugar by 1/2 cup.
- 5This recipe also called for 1/4 cup creme de cassis ( black currant) liquer ( optional)..I never used it. It is added when you add the soda, etc
I have also made this with just cranberry juice..yum!