Sicilian Orange Salad
3-4 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
2 Tbspbalsamic vinegar
·salt and pepper, to taste
1cara cara orange
1 smallred onion, thinly sliced
1 smallfennel bulb, thinly sliced
1/4 cblack olives, sliced in half
·flaky sea salt, to taste
How to Make Sicilian Orange Salad
- Whisk oil, vinegar, and salt and pepper together.
- Peel the oranges, removing all peel and white pith.
- Slice the oranges in thin round cross sections. Place in random pattern on a platter, overlapping some of them.
- Scatter onion and fennel slices over the top. Put olives all over.
- Spoon vinaigrette all over the plate and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Ready to serve.