Rich & Creamy Cranberry-Pineapple Salad
My guests ask "Is it a salad? or Dessert?" It's definitely both!
Photo courtesy of Kelly Williams
(Note: Cook time is chill time)
- 20 oz
- canned crushed pineapple, drained thoroughly
- 2 c
- fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed, processed finely
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- granulated sugar
- stalks celery, diced small
- 4 oz
- marshmellow creme
- 8 oz
- tub whipped topping
- 8 oz
- cream cheese, softened, room temp
- 1/4 c
- 2% milk
- 1/2 c
- powdered sugar (confection sugar)
- 2/3 c
- walnut pieces, or chopped walnuts
How to Make Rich & Creamy Cranberry-Pineapple Salad
- 1Drain pineapple thoroughly, strain, ring out any excess juices, set aside.
- 2In a food processor, add cranberries and chop fine, add to drained pineapple. (If cranberries are frozen, place under warm water for 2 minutes to thaw) add 1 1/2 T sugar while processing
- 3With a hand mixer, mix softened cream cheese until smooth, add 1/4 c. milk and 1/2 cup powdered sugar, mix until smooth.
- 4Add 4 oz marshmellow creme to cream cheese, stir until combined.
- 5In a bowl mix pineapple, cranberries, chopped celery.Add Cream cheese mixture, fold in 8 oz whipped topping and fold into mixture. Add chopped walnut pieces and fold until combined.
- 6Chill cranberry-pineapple salad in refrigerator for 20-25 minutes to an hour to chill.
- 7To Serve:
a) add to Texas sized muffin pan, sprayed with cooking spray, level off and set in freezer for 10 min to chill. Turn out muffin pan onto a cookie sheet, with a spatula place one at a time on bib or green lettuce leafs; or
b) Line a martini glass with leaf lettuce, add salad to 1 cup measuring cup and turn onto lettuce in glass, top with extra cranberries if desired.