Purple Lady Salad
- (6-oz) package red raspberry jell-o
- cup boiling water
- (20-oz) can undrained/crushed pineapple
- can of blueberry pie filling
- cup toasted/chopped pecans
- (8-oz) container thawed whipped topping (not light or fat free)
- fresh raspberries, blueberries, & extra whipped topping
How to Make Purple Lady Salad
- 1Completely dissolve Jell-O in boiling water; add pineapple w/juice, blueberry pie filling, and pecans...mix thoroughly, chill until thick, but not set (30-40 minutes).
- 2Fold in whipped topping just until color is all the same (no white streaks), then place into either a *trifle bowl, food-safe decorative bowl, or **13x9-inch glass dish. Cover with plastic wrap, place back into refrigerator for 3-4 (or more) hours. If you wish to add garnish, spread extra whipped topping on Purple Lady salad just before serving, and add fresh berries on top.
- 3If there are leftovers (which rarely happens at our parties), keep covered/refrigerated. You would most likely need to finish eating it in the next day or so.
* We do "buffet-style" a lot, so this salad usually gets placed in a trifle or other decorative-type glass bowl.
** If using a 13x9-inch glass dish, you may want to cut salad into single serving square portions, then place each portion on top large piece of lettuce (I like red-leaf) and set it on a salad plate as a side item for each member at the dinner table.