TOH recipe, tested and approved.
- 3 pkg
- (3 ounces each) orange gelatin
- 3 c
- boiling water
- 1 can(s)
- (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 3 c
- cold water
- 4 medium
- firm bananas, sliced
- 2 - 1/2 c
- miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 c
- 1 Tbsp
- all-purpose flour
- egg, lightly beaten
- 1 pkg
- (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 c
- heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 3/4 c
- chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 c
- flaked coconut, toasted
How to Make Orange Salad
- 1In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Stir the cold water, bananas, marshmallows and pineapple into gelatin.
- 2Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish coated with cooking spray; refrigerate until firm.
- 3Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine sugar and flour. Stir in reserved pineapple juice until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- 4Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot filling into the egg; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Cool.
- 5In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in cooled filling.
Fold in whipped cream. Spread over gelatin (dish will be full). Sprinkle with nuts and coconut.