TOH recipe, tested and approved.
3 pkg(3 ounces each) orange gelatin
3 cboiling water
1 can(s)(20 ounces) crushed pineapple
3 ccold water
4 mediumfirm bananas, sliced
2 - 1/2 cminiature marshmallows
1 Tbspall-purpose flour
1egg, lightly beaten
1 pkg(8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 cheavy whipping cream, whipped
3/4 cchopped pecans, toasted
1/2 cflaked coconut, toasted
How to Make Orange Salad
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Stir the cold water, bananas, marshmallows and pineapple into gelatin.
- Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish coated with cooking spray; refrigerate until firm.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine sugar and flour. Stir in reserved pineapple juice until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot filling into the egg; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Cool.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in cooled filling.
Fold in whipped cream. Spread over gelatin (dish will be full). Sprinkle with nuts and coconut.