- large (20+ oz) can crushed pineapple, in own juice
- 1/3 c
- large box orange jello
- 1 1/2 c
- finely grated cheddar cheese (sharp or medium is fine)
- 1 c
- chopped pecans
- large container cool whip
How to Make Orange Jello Salad
- 1Bring pineapple (with juice) and sugar to a boil in medium saucepan. Remove from heat. Add jello and mix well. Add 2 cups COLD water. Mix and chill until set. I usually do this step the day before I need this dish.
- 2When jello has set completely, stir to break it up and add the cheese, pecans and Cool Whip. You can save some of the Cool Whip to cover top if you like. Mix well and chill in fridge for at least an hour before serving.
- 3I made this with lemon the last time I made it and I loved them both. My mother-in-law still loves the orange the best.