Melon, Mache & Pecan Salad with Peach Vinaigrette
- 1 c
- pecans, chopped
- *peach vinaigrette
- 5 c
- cantaloupe melon, cut into 1 1/2 to 2-inch cubes
- 1 pkg
- (6-oz.size),mache lettuce,(lambs lettuce),thoroughly washed
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 c
- seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1/2 c
- peach preserves
- 2 Tbsp
FOR PEACH VINAIGRETTE:
How to Make Melon, Mache & Pecan Salad with Peach Vinaigrette
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange pecans in a single layer onto a baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Cool on a wire rack 15 minutes, or until completely cool; set aside.
- 2Meanwhile, in a blender, prepare peach vinaigrette. Combine rice wine vinegar, olive oil, peach preserves, and water. Process until blended smooth.
- 3In a large bowl, combine cantaloupe melon cubes and mache lettuce. Add the peach vinaigrette, tossing gently until coated. Transfer melon and mache salad mixture onto a large serving platter with shallow sides or 6 individual salad plates. Sprinkle evenly with toasted pecans and Gorgonzola cheese. Sprinkle evenly with salt and ground black pepper to taste. Serve immediately.