Lois's Minnesota Autumn Carmel Apple Salad
- 1-2 pkg
- pinstripped chocolate shortbread cookies
- 1-2 pkg
- snicker's fun size bars
- apples, your choice, try yellow, red and green or just choose 1 or 2 colors
- 1 large
- cool whip topping or
- 1 pt
- whipping ceam (whipped)
How to Make Lois's Minnesota Autumn Carmel Apple Salad
- 1This recipe is killer so that is why I'm leaving it up to you as to how much ingredients to add to your salad.
- 2Place cookies into gallon size baggie and crush into bit size pieces, do a small amount at a time. You do not want cookie crumbs but pieces.
- 3Remover all packaging from Snickers and I use kitchen shears to cut my Snickers fun size in smaller than bit size pieces. For square Snickers I quarter them and rectangular Snicker's I cut those into 6-8 pieces. I am usually serving this where children are and don't want any chocking mishaps.
- 4I whip my cream using powered sugar until peaks form, beware you can over whip your cream (just in case someone ends up with butter, no butter allowed.)Refrigerator, or make sure your Cool Whip is thawed completely by stirring it in carton.
- 5Wash and dry your apples. Cube your apples, after removing all stems, seeds, bad spots in the apple...but leave the skin on the apple. Use different kinds to color up your salad, some yellow, red and green!!!
- 6In big mixing bowl place cookies, apples, snickers and mix with your hands until all ingredients are separated and equally in your bowl. Then add whipping cream and chill for a hour, not much longer and serve.
- 7I put the salad into a different serving bowl, fancy to fun depending on who and where I am sharing this salad with. It is a Autumn favorite of mine as I only make it in the fall season. WARNING: Do not eat it until it makes you sick!!! Enjoy!!!