Light&Breezy Fruit Salad w/Honey Mango Vinaigrette
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- watermelon, scooped with melon ball
- red seedless grapes
- cantelope, scooped with melon ball
- honeydew melon, scooped with melon ball
- kiwi, sliced
- additional fruit as desired
- ripe mangos, peeled, chopped
- 1 c
- orange juice
- 6 Tbsp
- champagne vinegar
- 1 Tbsp
- dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/2 c
- extra light olive oil
How to Make Light&Breezy Fruit Salad w/Honey Mango Vinaigrette
- 1You may use any fruit that you enjoy, although bananas do not work well in this salad. Combine your fruit in large bowl. Set aside.
- 2Combine mangos, orange juice, vinegar, mustard, honey, salt, pepper in a blender. Puree until smooth. While blender is running, slowly drizzle in olive oil.
- 3Slowly drizzle vinaigrette, in small increments over fruit salad, tasting as you go, until you get the fruit coated and the taste you want. Be careful while adding the vinaigrette, it has a strong flavor and it is easy to get too much thus over powering your salad. You can keep remaining vinaigrette in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- 4If you are serving a large crowd, it is a nice presentation to slice a watermelon in half (using the inside for your salad). Hollow out watermelon, cut out decorative border around edges and place completed fruit salad inside. Cover and chill until ready to serve.