Ice Cream Jello Salad ReMix
2 pkg3 oz jello boxes of your choice.
1 ptvanilla ice cream taken out about 30 minutes and allowed to sit on counter
1 cfruit of your choice, canned or fresh
1/2 cnuts of your choice, chopped
1 cminiature marshmallows
How to Make Ice Cream Jello Salad ReMix
- Dissolve the two boxes of jello in 2 c boiling water. When dissolved, add the ice cream and stir until it has melted. Place in fridge.
- After about 30 minutes, remove and whisk, as the ice cream wants to separate. Return to fridge. Continue doing this until it has started to thicken enough to add the rest of the ingredients.
- Add your fruit, nuts and marshamallows and return to fridge until set.
- Possible choices: lime jello, pineapple, walnuts, cherry jello, cherries, almonds, orange jello, mandarin oranges, pecans, peach jello, peaches, walnuts, tropical jello with mango or papaya and macadamia nuts, clear jello with strawberries and blueberries, pecans. The choices are endless. Look at the jello varieties and go from there. Great for all holidays.
- NOTE: you can do this in a mold or in a bowl. If using a mold, I would start in a bowl and not transfer to the mold until you are thick enough to have added the fruit, nuts, and marshmallows.