Holiday Cranberry Apple Salad
There is no "cook time" but I put 3 hours because it has to set in the fridge ... "chill time"! :-)
4 boxgelatin, raspberry or strawberry (3 oz each)
3 cboiling water
2 can(s)crushed pineapple (20 oz each), drained well
5 can(s)whole cranberry sauce (14 oz each)
3 largeapples, unpeeled & coarsely grated
1 largeorange, grated rind only (eat the orange & enjoy)
1/8 tspground clove
How to Make Holiday Cranberry Apple Salad
- In a saucepan, bring the water to a boil; stir in gelatin and set aside to cool.
- Drain pineapple well; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cranberry sauce, grated apples, the rind of 1 large orange, salt, cinnamon and clove.
- Stir in drained pineapple and cooled jello. Carefully pour into a 16 cup trifle bowl. Cover and chill until firm.
- I enjoy serving it this way but if you like you can use two 8-cup jello molds, lightly sprayed with non-stick spray. Invert your salad onto a plate covered with lettuce leaves. Sooooo goooood!!!!!