Holiday Cranberry Apple Salad
There is no "cook time" but I put 3 hours because it has to set in the fridge ... "chill time"! :-)
- 4 box
- gelatin, raspberry or strawberry (3 oz each)
- 3 c
- boiling water
- 2 can(s)
- crushed pineapple (20 oz each), drained well
- 5 can(s)
- whole cranberry sauce (14 oz each)
- 3 large
- apples, unpeeled & coarsely grated
- 1 large
- orange, grated rind only (eat the orange & enjoy)
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- ground clove
How to Make Holiday Cranberry Apple Salad
- 1In a saucepan, bring the water to a boil; stir in gelatin and set aside to cool.
- 2Drain pineapple well; set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, combine cranberry sauce, grated apples, the rind of 1 large orange, salt, cinnamon and clove.
- 4Stir in drained pineapple and cooled jello. Carefully pour into a 16 cup trifle bowl. Cover and chill until firm.
- 5I enjoy serving it this way but if you like you can use two 8-cup jello molds, lightly sprayed with non-stick spray. Invert your salad onto a plate covered with lettuce leaves. Sooooo goooood!!!!!