Green Papaya Salad A La Bobby Flay
8 ozfresh green or yellow string beans, blanched
3 mediumplum tomatoes
1/2 croasted unsalted peanuts
1 lbgreen papaya, cleaned and julienned
1/4 cfish sauce
1/4 cfresh lemon juice
1/4 cfresh lime juice
1 tspgarlic, minced
1/4 tspred pepper flakes
1/4 ccilantro, fresh, rough chop
How to Make Green Papaya Salad A La Bobby Flay
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the green and yellow beans. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the pot in a sieve and then put into a bowl of cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain the beans and cut each bean in half and set aside.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and cut length wise. Remove the seeds. Slice into 1/4-1/8 inch strips.
- Rough chop all but 2 tbsps. of the roasted peanuts.
- In a large bowl toss the papaya, beans, tomatoes and chopped peanuts.
- In a small bowl mist the fish sauce, citrus juices, sugar, garlic, red pepper flakes and 1 tbsp. of chopped cilantro.
- Pour over the green papaya mixture.
- Serve with the rest of the peanuts and cilantro on top.