- 2 pkg
- cherry jell-o
- 3 c
- boiling water
- 1 qt
- fresh cranberries, chopped or whole if making this in food processor
- small to medium apples, i usually use red delicious
- navel orange, chopped
- celery stalks, chopped
- 1/2 c
- chopped walnuts
- 1 to 2 cups sugar -depending on how sweet or tart you like cranberry salad
How to Make Grandma Aldine's Cranberry Salad
- 1combine 2 packages of cherry jello and 3 cups boiling water in large bowl. (I do this in the serving bowl to save time on clean up) - Put in the freezer to set up while you're putting together the rest of the ingredients:
- 2Chop the rest of the ingredients OR if you have one. Put it all EXCEPT FOR THE NUTS in the food processor with a metal blade and process/chop to desired consistency. Add to jello mix, cover and chill overnight.
- 3This is especially good on leftover Turkey Sandwiches.