- 15.5 ounce can crushed pineapple, save liquid
- can del monte tropical fruit salad, save liquid
- 1 c
- minute rice
- 2 tsp
- lemon juice
- 1 1/2 c
- miniature marshmallows
- ripe banana sliced
- pomegranate cleaned (optional)
- 1 c
- heavy whipping cream
- small jar marashino cherries, drained and lightly rinsed
- 1/2 tsp
How to Make Glorified Rice
- 1Drain pineapple and fruit salad, reserving syrup in saucepan, combine uncooked rice, 1 cup reserved mixed fruit syrup and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Stir to moisten rice. Bring to a boil; cover; simmer 5 minutes.
- 2Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Cool completely.
- 3Add pineapple and fruit, cool.
- 4Stir in marshmallows and sliced banana that has sprinkled with lemon juice. Beat the cream till stiff peaks form. Fold in cream and cherries. Chill.
- 5Notes: I had never seen a pomegranate until I was 35 years old. I have since found the very best way in the world to clean a pomegranate I think. Get a big deep bowl and put in the sink and fill with cold water and let the water stay on at a slow run. As you break apart the fruit the heavy juice laden seeds drop to the bottom, the juice from the seeds you burst floats away as does the much lighter empty seed and fruit pith.