115.5 ounce can crushed pineapple, save liquid
1can del monte tropical fruit salad, save liquid
1 cminute rice
2 tsplemon juice
1 1/2 cminiature marshmallows
1ripe banana sliced
1pomegranate cleaned (optional)
1 cheavy whipping cream
1small jar marashino cherries, drained and lightly rinsed
How to Make Glorified Rice
- Drain pineapple and fruit salad, reserving syrup in saucepan, combine uncooked rice, 1 cup reserved mixed fruit syrup and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Stir to moisten rice. Bring to a boil; cover; simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Cool completely.
- Add pineapple and fruit, cool.
- Stir in marshmallows and sliced banana that has sprinkled with lemon juice. Beat the cream till stiff peaks form. Fold in cream and cherries. Chill.
- Notes: I had never seen a pomegranate until I was 35 years old. I have since found the very best way in the world to clean a pomegranate I think. Get a big deep bowl and put in the sink and fill with cold water and let the water stay on at a slow run. As you break apart the fruit the heavy juice laden seeds drop to the bottom, the juice from the seeds you burst floats away as does the much lighter empty seed and fruit pith.