Frozen Fruit Compote1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
How to Make Frozen Fruit Compote
- In a large bowl, combine strawberries, blueberries and blackberries and 1/2 cup sugar.
- Let stand at room temperature until the berries thaw, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Stir occasionally, taste, adding the remaining sugar if necessary.
- In a large colander, strain the berries with a bowl under it so you can save the juice.
- Place the cornstarch in a medium saucepan and stir in the juice.
- Turn on the heat to medium and cook, stirring, until the juice becomes thick and translucent, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Let it cool.
- Place the berries in an attractive bowl.
- Pour the sauce over the fruit.
- Add the oranges and stir gently.
- Cover and chill until serving time.