Frozen Fruit Compote1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
How to Make Frozen Fruit Compote
- 1In a large bowl, combine strawberries, blueberries and blackberries and 1/2 cup sugar.
- 2Let stand at room temperature until the berries thaw, about 1 1/2 hours.
- 3Stir occasionally, taste, adding the remaining sugar if necessary.
- 4In a large colander, strain the berries with a bowl under it so you can save the juice.
- 5Place the cornstarch in a medium saucepan and stir in the juice.
- 6Turn on the heat to medium and cook, stirring, until the juice becomes thick and translucent, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- 7Let it cool.
- 8Place the berries in an attractive bowl.
- 9Pour the sauce over the fruit.
- 10Add the oranges and stir gently.
- 11Cover and chill until serving time.