★★★★★ 1 vote5
·1 can (20 oz) pineapple chunks
·1/2 cup sugar
·2 tbsp. cornstarch
·1/3 cup orange juice
·1 tbsp. lemon juice
·1 can ( 11 oz.) mandarin oranges, drained
·3 to 4 unpeeled apples, chopped
·2 to 3 bananas, sliced
How to Make Four Fruit Compote
- Drain pineapple, reserving 3/4 cup juice.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Add pineapple juice, orange juice and lemon juice.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir 1 minute longer.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine pineapple chunks, oranges, apples and bananas.
- Pour warm sauce over the fruit; stir gently to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate.