- 1 large
- pkg. wild strawberry (or any type you like) jell-o
- 2 c
- boiling water
- 1-½ c
- cold water
- ½ c
- apple sauce
- 2 c
- frozen strawberries
- 1- 12 oz
- container sour cream- use tofutti sour cream for a non-dairy version.
- 30 large
- marshmallows, torn into pieces
How to Make Dan’s Jell-O
- 1Starting the evening before you want to serve... Dissolve Jell-O in the boiling water; about 2 minutes.
- 2Add cold water and apple sauce to the Jell-O and mix.
- 3Put Jell-O mixture in the refrigerator; set just until raw egg like consistency is reached; at this point add the strawberries.
- 4Return to the refrigerator until completely set.
- 5Topping- In a medium bowl, mix sour cream and marshmallows and keep in the refrigerator.
- 6This part takes a long time~ Keep going back to it every ½ hour or so and mix until dissolved.
(Mom doesn’t do this, but I have used a hand mixer the next morning, if this is taking too long.)
- 7Once the Jell-O is completely set up and the marshmallows are completely, or close to, completely dissolved into the sour cream, spread the sour cream mixture over the Jell-O.
- 8Refrigerate until ready to serve.