Daddy's Waldorf Salad
·2 ripe crisp firm tart green apples, cored and quartered
·1 ripe crisp firm red delicious apple, cored and quartered
·1 t lemon juice
·1 cup celery, sliced
·1/2 cup chopped walnuts, (do not chop fine)
·1/2 c mayonaisse
·1 1/2 t honey
How to Make Daddy's Waldorf Salad
- Slice apples into thin slices. (you can leave skin on unless it is a tough skinned apple)
- Put apples in bowl and add lemon juice. Toss gently.
- Now add the celery and the walnuts. Place in a covered bowl and chill it up.
- Mix together mayo and honey. Stir till this is smooth.
- Add to chilled apple mixture and toss gently.
- You can serve this on a bed of lettuce, however since dad disliked "bunny food" he ate it straight from the bowl : )