CREAMY GRAPE SALAD WITH CANDIED WALNUTS
Recipe & photo: eatingwell.com
1/2 cchopped walnuts
1 Tbsplight brown sugar
1/2 creduced-fat sour cream
4 ozreduced-fat cream cheese (neufchatel), at room temperature
1 tspvanilla extract
6 cseedless grapes, preferably red and green (about 2 pounds)
How to Make CREAMY GRAPE SALAD WITH CANDIED WALNUTS
- To prepare walnuts: Line a small baking pan with parchment paper or foil; coat with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss walnuts in a bowl with water. Sprinkle with brown sugar and salt; toss to coat well. Transfer to the prepared pan. Bake until the sugar is melted and the nuts are barely starting to brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Cool in the pan until the sugar hardens, about 6 minutes.
- To prepare salad: Combine the sour cream, cream cheese, honey and vanilla in a food processor and puree until smooth and creamy. Transfer to a large bowl. Add grapes and stir gently to combine.
- Transfer to a serving dish and crumble the candied walnuts on top just before serving.
- NOTE: You may store the candied walnuts at room temperature for up to 8 hours.
You may store the salad in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 8 hours. Top with the walnuts just before serving.