Cranberry/Mandarin Orange Salad -- No Cook
It's a change of pace from "Mom's Thanksgiving Cranberry Salad" that I posted some time ago. I've carried on Mom's Tradition for Family Thanksgiving by making Mom's every year since her passing in 1986.
I also provide this tasty treat.
This one is Simple and Sure to Please. You'll pucker a little while enjoying it.
- 1 pkg
- 8 oz. fresh cranberries
- 1 can(s)
- 8 oz to 11 oz mandarin oranges
- 1/3 c
- sugar white
- 1 tsp
- cinnamon ground
- 1/3 tsp
- nutmeg ground (optional)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- sweet white wine (optional) i used moscato
How to Make Cranberry/Mandarin Orange Salad -- No Cook
- 1I usually double everything and it produces around a quart.
- 2Wash and rinse Cranberries and cull any undesirables. This is a no-cook raw Cranberry Delight.
- 3In food processor or chopper mince cranberries to fine grain.
- 4In large bowl combine minced Cranberries, Mandarin Orange slices cut in quarters, Sugar, Cinnamon and optional Nutmeg and White Wine.
- 5I make this two or three days in advance to allow the flavors to meld. It's a great compliment, as well, to that cold Turkey Sandwich or hot Turkey Sandwich smothered with gravy. Enjoy.