Cranberry/Mandarin Orange Salad -- No Cook
It's a change of pace from "Mom's Thanksgiving Cranberry Salad" that I posted some time ago. I've carried on Mom's Tradition for Family Thanksgiving by making Mom's every year since her passing in 1986.
I also provide this tasty treat.
This one is Simple and Sure to Please. You'll pucker a little while enjoying it.
1 pkg8 oz. fresh cranberries
1 can(s)8 oz to 11 oz mandarin oranges
1/3 csugar white
1 tspcinnamon ground
1/3 tspnutmeg ground (optional)
1 1/2 Tbspsweet white wine (optional) i used moscato
How to Make Cranberry/Mandarin Orange Salad -- No Cook
- I usually double everything and it produces around a quart.
- Wash and rinse Cranberries and cull any undesirables. This is a no-cook raw Cranberry Delight.
- In food processor or chopper mince cranberries to fine grain.
- In large bowl combine minced Cranberries, Mandarin Orange slices cut in quarters, Sugar, Cinnamon and optional Nutmeg and White Wine.
- I make this two or three days in advance to allow the flavors to meld. It's a great compliment, as well, to that cold Turkey Sandwich or hot Turkey Sandwich smothered with gravy. Enjoy.