Classic Waldorf Salad
It's a time worn favorite of many, and always a winner at our Table.
- 1/2 c
- english walnuts chopped coarsley
- 1/4 c
- celery chopped medium fine size of raisins
- 1/2 c
- raisins dark preferred
- sweet apple red traditional i like granny smith
- 2 Tbsp
- hellman's mayo heaping
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh lemon juice or real lemon (optional)
- 1/2 tsp
- salt (optional)
How to Make Classic Waldorf Salad
- 1Cut apple in quarters then remove core and dice small to medium coarse. I leave the peel on apple.
- 2Chop Celery to size of raisins or slightly larger. Chop English Walnuts medium coarse.
- 3Place all in bowl and add Mayo, Lemon Juice and Sugar. Dash of Salt (Optional). Toss and mix all gently.
- 4Add a little additional Mayo and Sugar if you wish. Sprinkle with a few additional Raisins if you wish. Serve. Enjoy.
- 5Note: 1/3 cup Red Seedless Grapes, halved and then quartered, could be added.