Classic Waldorf Salad
It's a time worn favorite of many, and always a winner at our Table.
1/2 cenglish walnuts chopped coarsley
1/4 ccelery chopped medium fine size of raisins
1/2 craisins dark preferred
1sweet apple red traditional i like granny smith
2 Tbsphellman's mayo heaping
1 Tbspfresh lemon juice or real lemon (optional)
How to Make Classic Waldorf Salad
- Cut apple in quarters then remove core and dice small to medium coarse. I leave the peel on apple.
- Chop Celery to size of raisins or slightly larger. Chop English Walnuts medium coarse.
- Place all in bowl and add Mayo, Lemon Juice and Sugar. Dash of Salt (Optional). Toss and mix all gently.
- Add a little additional Mayo and Sugar if you wish. Sprinkle with a few additional Raisins if you wish. Serve. Enjoy.
- Note: 1/3 cup Red Seedless Grapes, halved and then quartered, could be added.