1 can(s)condensed milk
1container of cool whip (any variety)
1 ptsour cream
2 can(s)cherry pie filling
1 can(s)crushed pineapple (well drained)
1 cpecan or walnut pieces (optional)
How to Make Cherry Salad
- Drain juice from crushed pineapple until well drained. If not well drained, mixture will be soupy, so drain until no moisture can be squeezed out.
- In large bowl, mix together with large spoon or spatula all ingredients except nuts until well mixed. Mixture will be thick and pink colored throughout.
- Sprinkle pecan or walnut pieces over top of mixture (if desired). Nuts can also be stirred into mixture if preferred.
- Refrigerate until set. Serve cold.
- This cherry salad is delicious but rich. To reduce calories, reduces fat versions of sour cream and cool whip can be used.
- For a different twist on recipe, use blueberry pie filling instead.