CHEERY BING CHERRY SALAD
I could'd stop dipping into it.
- small package black cherry gelatin
- flat can crushed pineapple, drained (reserve juice)
- large can sweet pitted cherries (bing cherries), drained (reserve juice)
- 1 c
- boiling water
- 1 c
- pineapple-cherry juice
- 1/2 Tbsp
- knox gelatin, dissolved in 1/4 cold water
- 1 Tbsp
- small package cream cheese, softened
- 1 c
- pecans, toasted and finely chopped
How to Make CHEERY BING CHERRY SALAD
- 1I drain the pineapple and cherries and put juice and fruits in refrigerator so they are nice and chilled when it comes time to add them to gelatin.
- 2In heat-resistent bowl, dissolve black cherry gelatin in boiling water. Add Knox gelatin which has been softened in 1/4 cup cold water. Stir to dissolve.
- 3Add chilled pineapple-cherry juice and chilled pineapple and cherries. Stir to combine. Place in (I use an oblong) dish. Slightly thicken in refrigerator.
- 4Mix mayonnaise, softened cream cheese and nuts until fully incorporated. Shape into balls and place into gelatin. Refrigerate until firm.