Caramelized Roasted Figs with Baby Greens and Honey Vinaigrette
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- small fresh black mission figs, stemmed
- extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp
- warm water
- lemon, juiced
- 2 c
- baby mixed greens
- 1 handful
- each basil, chives and cilantro
- 4 oz
- gorgonzola or goat cheese, cut in big chunks
How to Make Caramelized Roasted Figs with Baby Greens and Honey Vinaigrette
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Cut a small “X” in the top of the figs and squeeze it gently to crown it slightly. Put the figs on a sheet pan and drizzle them with olive oil. Bake until the figs are soft and caramelized, about 15 minutes.
Put the mixed greens and chopped herbs in a bowl, drizzle with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper; toss gently with your hands.
- 3In a small bowl, combine the honey, warm water, and lemon juice; whisk with a fork to combine.
- 4To serve, divide the greens between 2 plates, mound the chunks of gorgonzola cheese on the side of each and place 2 roasted figs in the center of the salad. Drizzle the whole thing with the warm honey vinaigrette.