Berried Spinach Salad1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 Tbsp
- vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 pkg
- spinach, cleaned and stemmed
- 1 pt
- strawberries, hulled and cut in half
- 1 small
- red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp
- cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- poppy seeds
How to Make Berried Spinach Salad
- 1Cut chicken into 1 inch cubes.
- 2In large skillet over medium heat, saute chicken in 1 tablespoon oil, until chicken is lightly browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes; add 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- 3With slotted spoon, remove chicken to large bowl; cool.
- 4Remove and reserve pan dripping in skillet.
- 5Tear spinach into bite size pieces.
- 6Place in bowl with chicken.
- 7Add the cut strawberries and onion.
- 8In small bowl, stir together vinegar, sugar, poppy seeds, the remaining 2 tablespoons oil and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and the reserved pan dripping until well blended.
- 9Pour over salad and toss lightly to combine.