APPLE SLAW WITH BLUE CHEESE
- large red delicious apples
- cup grated green cabbage
- cup grated purple cabbage
- tablespoon purple onion, grated
- tablespoons red wine vinegar
- cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 to 1
- cup blue cheese salad dressing to taste
How to Make APPLE SLAW WITH BLUE CHEESE
- 1Cook's Tip: Make sure the apples are prepared last to keep them from turning brown. Also, you may had a couple of tablespoons of nuts if you like for additional nutrition or flavor.
- 2PREPARE THE SALAD:
Grate the green and purple cabbage and place in the serving dish. Add the grated onion and the red wine vinegar. Add the blue cheese crumbles.
- 3Wash the red delicious apples, don't peel them, but core them and dice in bite sized pieces, and add the apples to the cabbage mixture.
- 4Pour on the blue cheese salad dressing, a little at a time until you are happy with it. Toss the salad gently and serve. This is delicious, so Enjoy!