Apple-Raisin Cole Slaw with Sour Cream Dressing
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/3 cmayonnaise or miracle whip
1/3 csour cream
1 Tbspbrown sugar
1 Tbspapple cider vinegar
1 cchopped pecans
How to Make Apple-Raisin Cole Slaw with Sour Cream Dressing
- Combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, brown sugar, and vinegar. Whip with a fork and set aside while you prepare the salad.
- Shred or finely slice the cabbage.
- I used 1 sweet-tart Jonagold and 1 sour Granny Smith apple, but you can use any variety you like. Core and chop (I did not peel them).
- Peel and coarsely grate the carrots.
- I used half golden and half black raisins. I think dried cranberries would be even better. You can use more than 1 cup if you like.
- Toss cabbage and fruits in a large bowl. Dress and toss again to coat everything in mayonnaise-sour cream mixture. Allow to marinate in the refrigerator for a few hours.
- Garnish with nuts just before serving. (The nuts will get soggy if you add them at the same time as everything else.)