Yummy Chicken Salad Sandwich on Banana Bread
- 8-16 oz
- chicken, cooked
- apple (fugi or gala) i like to leave the skin on
- 1/2 c
- walnut pieces
- 1/2 c
- or more raisins or dried cranberries or dates
- 1/2 tsp
- lemon juice
- sugar or sweetner to taste
- miracle whip salad dressing
- 1/2-1 c
- chopped celery
- 1/2 -1 c
- red or white seeded or seedless grapes
- fresh fig if desired
How to Make Yummy Chicken Salad Sandwich on Banana Bread
- 1I use whatever chicken I have leftover. My husband loves it when I use cold KFC. You don't have to remove the breading or skin unless you want to. Just cube or chop into small pieces.
- 2Wash all fruit and pat dry. Core apples and chop into small pieces along with any other fresh fruit and celery.
Make sure walnuts are about the same size.
- 3In a medium bowl mix Miracle Whip, salt, lemon juice and sugar until sugar and salt are dissolved. Add chopped ingredients. Refrigerate overnight.
- 4Serve on fresh banana bread.
- 5This is a great dish to take on picnics, and road trips. It always make a hit at potlucks and church socials or as a cold supper with a salad and jello.