Wita's Chicken Salad
4chicken breasts, cooked in seasonings of choice
1head of finely shredded cabbage
2onions, thinly sliced
·mayonnaise to taste
·salt, pepper, onion & garlic powder to taste
1 tspchicken boullion powder or 1 cube
How to Make Wita's Chicken Salad
- Drain cooked chicken, reserving about 2 cups of the broth.
- place reserved broth in saucepan & more of the seasonings along the boullion cube. Simmer for 2 minutes to make a strong flavored broth.
- Steep prepared veggies in boiled water for 2 minutes (just to barely make them limp)Drain
- Add well drained veggies, the shredded chicken to a large bowl.
- Add mayo & some of the prepared broth to the bowl along with the chicken & veggies.
- Combine well and add more mayo and/or broth and/or seasonings if needed.
- Mixture should be juicy (not soupy)& flavorful.
- This is not the average chicken salad. The mixture is juicy and delicious on a whole wheat bun as is or with lettuce and tomato.