Wita's Chicken Salad
- chicken breasts, cooked in seasonings of choice
- head of finely shredded cabbage
- shredded carrots
- onions, thinly sliced
- mayonnaise to taste
- salt, pepper, onion & garlic powder to taste
- 1 tsp
- chicken boullion powder or 1 cube
How to Make Wita's Chicken Salad
- 1Drain cooked chicken, reserving about 2 cups of the broth.
- 2place reserved broth in saucepan & more of the seasonings along the boullion cube. Simmer for 2 minutes to make a strong flavored broth.
- 3Steep prepared veggies in boiled water for 2 minutes (just to barely make them limp)Drain
- 4Add well drained veggies, the shredded chicken to a large bowl.
- 5Add mayo & some of the prepared broth to the bowl along with the chicken & veggies.
- 6Combine well and add more mayo and/or broth and/or seasonings if needed.
- 7Mixture should be juicy (not soupy)& flavorful.
- 8This is not the average chicken salad. The mixture is juicy and delicious on a whole wheat bun as is or with lettuce and tomato.