This is it - Croissant Chicken Salad Sandwich
Found recipe on food.com / photo from yummly
- plain croissants
- 3 c
- cubed or shredded poached cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 c
- grapes, seedless red, sliced in half
- diced green onions
- stalks celery, diced
- fresh basil leaves, minced
- 3/4-1 c
- mayonnaise or 3/4-1 cup miracle whip
- 1/2 c
- roughly chopped cashews (or sliced almonds if you prefer)
- 2 tsp
- fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- lettuce leaf, to dress the sandwiches
- havarti cheese, to dress the sandwiches
How to Make This is it - Croissant Chicken Salad Sandwich
- 1Mix mayo, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and basil together till well incorporated.
Fold in chicken, grapes, cashews,celery,and onions.
Halve the croissants (you may wish to slightly toast them, I do not like them toasted) and layer with salad, lettuce, and cheese if you wish.
Serve immediately or chill for a couple of hours before adding lettuce and cheese.
Time to prepare does not include chicken's cook time.