★★★★★ 1 vote5
- fresh rotiserri chicken skinned and de-boned
- 3 to 4 large
- cleaned celery stalks
- 1 bag(s)
- chopped hazel nuts
- 1 Tbsp
- cream horseraddish
- 3 or more Tbsp
- 3 box
- (small boxes) dried craisens or cranberries
How to Make Rotisseri Chicken salad
- 1Make sure meat off chicken is clean of small pieces of bone, skin or cartilage. Chop up with a sharp knife into whatever size you like for salad.
- 2Next,Cut the ribs long ways as many times as possible and dice finely or to a size you like in your salad. You should have at least 3/4 of a cup.
- 3Hazel nuts should be edible size for salad. You don't want marbles in you salad or mouth. If you find some larger pieces, simply break them up smaller with a rolling pin or something able to do the job. I always buy them in the baking dept in the smaller bags.
- 4Toss all into a large mixing bowl and mix well with a fork. Your mayo should be the kind you like.IE: Hellmans, Dukes etc. If you use a sweet mayo like Miracle Whip or Blue plate, be careful not to add too much as not to compromise the taste of the other ingredients which shine through and make this salad special. I also add a couple of squirts of the cream Horse radish sauce as it gives a slight hint of zing in the back ground. For an added treat to this salad, consider adding diced apple or Anjou pear in place or Craisens. Cover bowl and let this salad marinate the flavors in the fridge for a couple of hours or serve right away. Serve on any bread with lettuce or just on a bed of lettuce if your calorie counting.
As always in any recipe, you can add as much or as little of whatever you like.
. Bon Appetite !