Oriental Chicken Salad
- 4 medium
- cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 8 oz
- sliced water chestnuts
- 2 c
- fresh snow peas, washed and patted dry
- stalk celery, diced
- 1/2 bunch
- green onions, diced diagonally
- 1/2 c
- bean sprouts
- 1 bottle
- ginger soy salad dressing (your favorite brand)
- 1/3 c
- sliced and toasted almonds
How to Make Oriental Chicken Salad
- 1Combine chicken, water chestnuts, snow peas, celery, green onions, bean sprouts and just enough salad dressing to coat everything. You don’t want the salad swimming in dressing.
- 2Serve chilled. Garnish with slivered almonds and extra green onion slices before serving.
- 3* To toast almonds:
Place almonds in skillet over low heat for about 10 mins, or until lightly browned, stirring once in a while.
When they are done, they will smell nutty and toasty.
- 4*NOTE: If you can’t find Ginger soy salad dressing, here is the recipe that I use if I have more time:
Ginger Soy Salad Dressing:
¼ cup vegetable oil
5 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon salt, (or to taste)
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon sugar
Mix all ingredients in a glass container. Store in refrigerator up to one month.