☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1/3 c
- fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp
- rice wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp
- fresh mint leaves, minced
- 1/2 tsp
- granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp
- clack pepper, freshly ground
- 1 pinch
- 2 Tbsp
- macadamia nut oil or walnut oil
- 10 oz
- skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 medium
- pineapple, pared, cored, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 medium
- kiwi fruit, pared, halved and sliced
- 1 c
- strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 small
- mango, pared, pitted, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 Tbsp
- coconut, shredded, toasted
- fresh mint sprigs, garnish
How to Make Maui Chicken Salad
- 1To prepare dressing, in blender or food processor, combine juice, vinegar, minced mint, sugar, pepper and salt; process until well blended. With motor running, slowly pour oil through feed tube; process 1 minute, until slightly thickened.
- 2To prepare salad, in large skillet, bring 3 cups water to a boil. Add chicken; return liquid to a boil. Reduce heat to low; poach chicken, covered, 10 minutes, until cooked through. With slotted spoon, remove chicken from liquid; discard liquid. Set chicken aside to cool.
- 3Cut cooled chicken into bite-size pieces; place into medium bowl. Add 2 tablespoons dressing; toss to combine.
- 4In large bowl, combine pineapple, kiwi fruits, strawberries, mango and remaining dressing; transfer to large serving platter. Top fruit mixture with chicken mixture; sprinkle with coconut. Serve garnished with mint sprigs.
- 5SERVING (1 1/2 CUPS) PROVIDES: 1 1/2 Fats, 1 1/2 Fruits, 2 Proteins, 10 Optional Calories.
PER SERVING: 235 Calories, 9 g Total Fat, 2 g Saturated Fat, 41 mg Cholesterol, 89 mg Sodium, 23 g Total Carbohydrate, 4 g Dietary Fiber, 18 g Protein, 35 mg Calcium; 5 points
To toast coconut, preheat oven to 350°F. Spread coconut onto nonstick baking sheet; bake 5 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from oven; let cool.