Easy, Simple, Delicious Chicken Salad
1.5 to 2 lbboneless chicken breasts or 1 shredded rotisserie chicken
1 tspgarlic powder
1/4 cmayonnaise (your favorite –i like dukes or blue plate the best)
1 Tbspgrated or minced sweet onion (optional)
2 stalk(s)celery, finely chopped
How to Make Easy, Simple, Delicious Chicken Salad
- SKIP STEPS 1 Through 7, if using rotisserie chicken.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Season both sides of the chicken breasts with the salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- While seasoning the chicken, heat an oiled oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken breasts to hot skillet, cook 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Flip chicken and repeat on other side.
- Once both sides are lightly browned, take skillet off of heat and slide into preheated oven.
Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cooked throughout.
- Once chicken is out of the oven and has cooled slightly, cut each breast in half and shred them with 2 forks, OR place them in the food processor, (or shred them with 2 forks). Pulse 8-10 times, or until chicken is shredded or chopped to your liking.
- Place chicken-either baked or rotisserie - in bowl with chopped celery and mayo; stir well. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper or more mayo if you like an extra creamy chicken salad.