Easy Chicken Salad
I also make this with leftover chicken breasts. Sometimes I serve it in scooped out tomatoes. Or put a scoop on top of some lime Jell-O.... and don't forget... it is good on toasted bread and crackers too!
In this photo... Mandarin oranges (drained) were added.
Sometimes we add chopped apples too.
- 2 can(s)
- (13 ounces each) canned chicken breast (drained)
- 4 stick
- celery ( chopped small)
- 3/4 c
- onion (chopped small)
- 1/2 can(s)
- pineapple tidbits (drained)
- seedless grapes (sliced in half)
- 1/3 c
- roasted pecans or walnuts (chopped)
- 1/4 tsp
- salt (optional)
- 1/2 tsp
- ground black pepper (optional)
- 1/3 c
- mayonaise (more if needed)
- 1 large
- lettuce head (leaves removed, washed, paper toweled dry)
How to Make Easy Chicken Salad
- 1Prepare the fruits, nuts and vegetables and put into a large bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper (optional). Add the Mayonnaise and canned chicken breast. Stir together gently. (you can add more Mayonnaise if desired). Chill in refrigerator until just before serving.
- 2Prepare the lettuce leaves, and put in salad bowls or on salad plate. Use ice cream scoop (or large spoon) to place the salad on the bed of lettuce.