Divine Chicken Salad
Brenda Vander Zanden
3 largebone-in chicken breasts with skin & fat removed
1 largelemon zest, grated.
1 1/2 cwhole green seedless grapes (washed& dried)
1 Tbspdried celery flakes
3/4 creal mayo - not miracle whip
1 Tbspsugar or spenda
1 Tbsplemon juice (from zested lemon)
1/2 tspground ginger
1 cpecan halves
How to Make Divine Chicken Salad
- Zest lemon and reserve zest. Slice lemon in half and squeeze 1 tbs juice and reserve.
- Remove skin and fat from chicken breast. Place breasts in 2 qt sauce pan and cover with water. Add reminents of lemons to pan and poach chicken breats.
- Mix mayo, salt, ginger, sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest together well and chill until needed.
- Wash and dry green seedless grapes.
- When chicken is done, cool in poaching water until cool enough to handle. Remove cooled meat from bones and transfer to cutting board.
- Dice cooled chicken in small pieces. Combine with whole grapes and nuts.
- Combine mayo mix and chicken, grapes, nuts. Toss well and refrigerate at least 4 hrs.
- Serve on lettuce leaves or croisant roll.