CREAM CHEESE CHICKEN SALAD
This can be used with crackers, or fill tomatoes. If you need a party salad don't flake the chicken by mixing too much just leave it in chunks, add drained pineapple tidbits, red grapes, toasted pecans, walnuts or almonds, put in a lettuce cup with a dab of mayo,fresh shredded mozzarella cheese, and a strawberry on the top. Pretty! A ladies luncheon served with banana bread is sooooo easy.
This also makes a delicious andwich. Spread thin layer of mayo on both slices of bread, add chicken salad, a lettuce leaf, and I like shredded mozzarella cheese on this too.
Ummmm good things with this recipe.
- 2 pkg
- 8-oz philadelphia cream cheese
- 1-2 sprig(s)
- celery, diced
- eggs, hard boiled and diced
- 1 tsp
- chicken flavored soup paste, salty
- 1-2 Tbsp
- hellmans mayo if needed for sandwiches
- 1 pinch
- dried red peppers optional
- 3 can(s)
- 3.4oz white or mixed chicken, drain
- 1/2 tsp
- fresh ground pepper
How to Make CREAM CHEESE CHICKEN SALAD
- 1Set your cream cheese out to soften. Place in large bowl and whip up with a fork.
- 2Add the chicken paste to softend cream cheese. Mix well.
- 3Add chicken to cream cheese and the chicken will shred up as you mix but for a lettuce cup don't add chicken and over mix, you want it chunky not flaked..
- 4Add the diced eggs.
- 5Add pepper and mix all together.
Chill for at least an hour so the cream cheese can firm up. If too stiff add the mayo. Sandwich spread usually needs the mayo.
- 6Like I stated in my note you can use this as a dip for crackers, a sandwich spread, a salad in tomatoes, or dress it up for a chicken salad lettuce cup.