Chicken Salad Tea Sandwiches with Smoked Almonds1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 cchicken broth
2chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
1/3 cshallots, minced
1 tspfresh tarragon, finely chopped
24 slicewhite bread
1/2 calmonds, smoked and finely chopped
How to Make Chicken Salad Tea Sandwiches with Smoked Almonds
- In a deep skillet bring broth or water to a boil and add chicken breasts in one layer.
- Reduce heat and poach chicken at a bare simmer, turning once, for 7 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and cool chicken in cooking liquid 20 minutes.
- Discard skin and shred chicken fine.
- In a bowl, stir together chicken, 1/2 cup of mayonnaise, shallot, tarragon, salt and pepper.
- Make 12 sandwiches with chicken salad and bread, pressing together gently.
- With a 2 inch round cutter cut 2 rounds from each sandwich.
- Put almonds on a small plate and spread edges of rounds with remaining 1/2 cup mayonnaise to coat well.
- Roll edges in almonds.
- Sandwiches may be made two hours ahead, wrapped in plastic wrap, and chilled.