Chicken Salad Tea Sandwiches with Smoked Almonds1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 3 c
- chicken broth
- chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 c
- 1/3 c
- shallots, minced
- 1 tsp
- fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- 24 slice
- white bread
- 1/2 c
- almonds, smoked and finely chopped
How to Make Chicken Salad Tea Sandwiches with Smoked Almonds
- 1In a deep skillet bring broth or water to a boil and add chicken breasts in one layer.
- 2Reduce heat and poach chicken at a bare simmer, turning once, for 7 minutes.
- 3Remove skillet from heat and cool chicken in cooking liquid 20 minutes.
- 4Discard skin and shred chicken fine.
- 5In a bowl, stir together chicken, 1/2 cup of mayonnaise, shallot, tarragon, salt and pepper.
- 6Make 12 sandwiches with chicken salad and bread, pressing together gently.
- 7With a 2 inch round cutter cut 2 rounds from each sandwich.
- 8Put almonds on a small plate and spread edges of rounds with remaining 1/2 cup mayonnaise to coat well.
- 9Roll edges in almonds.
- 10Sandwiches may be made two hours ahead, wrapped in plastic wrap, and chilled.