- your best cooked chicken white meat preffered
- 1/2 c
- dried prunes, raisins, dates or cranraisons (choice one or more)
- 1/4 c
- ripe (black) olives pitted chopped fine
- stalks celery chopped fine
- 1/4 c
- english walnuts chopped fine
- 1/3 c
- mayonnaise or miracle whip
- salt and pepper
- your best bread toasted or not, croissants work great
How to Make Chicken Salad ala Grand Mama Anna
- 1...."Let's sit a spell and have a "spot o' tae". Tea to Grandma Anna rhymed with "hay”.
Remove skin and de-bone chicken, chop/cube to the size of kidney beans the quantity you desire.
Wash and carefully dice celery. Slice, chop, or shave the dates, raisins, prunes or cranraisins. Ditto the ripe olives. (Grandma was ahead of her time). Chop Walnuts. Toss all with chicken.
- 2Add mayonnaise or dressing of choice, and mix well. Season to taste. (The purists among you will settle for no less than a homemade mayonnaise or dressing).
- 3Gather up the best bread available or croissants, whether toasted or not, and garnish with lettuce if desired. Pull up your favorite chair, procure a fitting drink-- sit back, Enjoy. BEST ENJOYED WHEN SHARED.
- 4NOTE: For those a little slow on the draw this would work just as splendidly with duck, goose, grouse, pheasant, ptarmigan, turkey or any variety of our feathered friend.