NOTE: I never measure the amount of salt and pepper. I use just a few shakes of salt, and a LOT of pepper. Cindy's Mom always said the more pepper you use, the better the chicken salad. I'm not sure why, but it's true!
Hope you all enjoy it!
How to Make Chicken Salad
- Boil chicken until done. Trim any fat and gristle; chop into about ¼ or ½ inch size pieces.
- Hard boil eggs. Chop or mash with potato masher until eggs are a fine consistency.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken and eggs.
Note: It is better to use your hands for this step; roll/smash the chicken through your fingers to further break down the chunks.
- Mix mayonnaise, salad dressing, relish, pepper, and salt.
- Add all ingredients together – again, it is better to use your hands in order to ensure that everything is combined well.
- Chill for about two or three hours before serving.