★★★★★ 1 vote5
1chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
1/4 calmonds, slivered
1 stickcelery ribs
3/4 chelman's mayonaise
How to Make Chicken Salad
- Make a box of Rice a Roni (or 2) according to directions, set aside to cool.
- Cook 1 chicken breast half per box of Rice-a-Roni. Frying is okay. Place in refrigerator to cool, then cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Put slivered almonds in a dry pan on medium heat to toast, stir constantly. Careful cause they burn easy. Set aside to cool.
- Cut up 1 stalk of celery per box of rice-a-roni into small pieces. I make them tiny because no one likes big chunks of celery.
- Once all ingredients are cooled, stir everything into the Rice-a-Roni and then add only enough Helman's Mayo to cream together about 3/4 cup. I've tried others and just not as tasty.
Chill for at least an hour before serving. Although, we have eaten it right away cause it's just so yummy.