Chicken Potato & Spinach Salad1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
3 Tbspmustard, grainy
1/4 cwhipping cream
1 Tbspfresh tarragon, finely chopped
3 Tbspolive oil
1/4 cwhite wine vinegar
2.5 ccooked chicken, diced
2.25 Tbspcooking oil
4 cfresh spinach leaves
How to Make Chicken Potato & Spinach Salad
- TO PREPARE THE DRESSING: Combine mustard and the egg in a large mixing bowl, mix well and set aside.
- Place the cream and dried tarragon leaves in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat on the stove.
- Remove from heat and whisk hot cream into the mustard-yolk mixture.
- If using fresh tarragon, add it now.
- Slowly whisk in 3 tablespoons olive oil.
- Set the dressing aside.
- TO PREPARE THE POTATO SALAD: Cut unpeeled potatoes into 1-inch pieces.
- Place in a pot, cover with water and place over high heat on the stove and cook until potatoes are soft.
- Drain potatoes, place in a mixing bowl, pour over the vinegar, cover and let sit for 5 minutes.
- TO PREPARE THE CHICKEN: Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a medium skillet over medium heat, add the chicken, cover and cook, 5 minutes for cooked chicken.
- Scrape the chicken into the bowl with the dressing, add the potatoes and mix well.
- To serve, add spinach to the bowl, mix well and mound on plates.