Chicken Curry Salad
I was thrilled with the results. This dish came from an old recipe book that I came across.
I followed the recipe exactly as it was written, and will be doing so again and again.
I have a dozen ideas for the dressing that is on this salad, and I can't wait to try them as well.
3 ccubed cooked chicken
1 cchopped celery
1 can(s)8oz sliced water chestnuts well drained
2 tspcurry powder
2 tsplemon juice
2 tspsoy sauce, low sodium
1 16oz can(s)mandarin oranges segments well drained reserving 5 for garnish
How to Make Chicken Curry Salad
- In a large bowl combine chicken,celery,water chestnut,spinkle with salt toss and set aside.
- In a small bowl stir mayonnaise, curry powder,lemon juice and soy ssauce until smooth and well blended.stir into chicken mixture. Gently stir in mandarin oranges.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hr up to 24 hrs.
- The hr cooking time is for your chicken, if you don't have cooked chicken on hand. That is how the recipe put it.
- I didn't add the oranges until 1/2 hr before I served it because I had to wait for them to be delivered. When I served the salad the oranges where fresh and crisp, a few hrs later I went back for more and the orange while still a nice flavor they where mushy and not as tasty as the earlier salad. So if you are gonna make this more then an hr ahead of time you may want to wait until 1/2 hr before serving to add the oranges