Cashew Cherry Curry Chicken Salad
- large chicken breasts (with ribs)
- 1/3 c
- red onion, diced
- stalk celery, chopped
- 1/2-3/4 c
- dried cherries, chopped
- 1/2-3/4 c
- unsalted cashew pieces
- enough mayonnaise to bind chicken
- 2-3 pinch
- sri lankan curry
- salt and white pepper to taste
How to Make Cashew Cherry Curry Chicken Salad
- 1Boil 3 large chicken breasts for 35-45 minutes. Cool and remove skin. Pull chicken off of bone and tear into bite-size pieces.
- 2In a large bowl add the chicken pieces, diced red onion, chopped celery, dried cherries and cashew pieces.
- 3Add enough mayonnaise to bind the ingredients together without making it goopy. I start with 1/2 cup and then add a little more at a time so I don't overdo it.
- 4Add the curry. You may want to add it in slowly so you can taste test the strength of the curry. I add 2-3 pinches, mix, then more if I want it stronger. (I use the Sri Lankan curry blend which contains coriander, cumin, fennel, fenugreek, cloves and other spices. You can get it at www.spice-appeal.com if you're interested or use your own type of curry.)
- 5Add salt and white pepper to taste. I use white pepper because I love it but you can use black if you prefer.