Cashew Cherry Curry Chicken Salad
3large chicken breasts (with ribs)
1/3 cred onion, diced
1stalk celery, chopped
1/2-3/4 cdried cherries, chopped
1/2-3/4 cunsalted cashew pieces
·enough mayonnaise to bind chicken
2-3 pinchsri lankan curry
·salt and white pepper to taste
How to Make Cashew Cherry Curry Chicken Salad
- Boil 3 large chicken breasts for 35-45 minutes. Cool and remove skin. Pull chicken off of bone and tear into bite-size pieces.
- In a large bowl add the chicken pieces, diced red onion, chopped celery, dried cherries and cashew pieces.
- Add enough mayonnaise to bind the ingredients together without making it goopy. I start with 1/2 cup and then add a little more at a time so I don't overdo it.
- Add the curry. You may want to add it in slowly so you can taste test the strength of the curry. I add 2-3 pinches, mix, then more if I want it stronger. (I use the Sri Lankan curry blend which contains coriander, cumin, fennel, fenugreek, cloves and other spices. You can get it at www.spice-appeal.com if you're interested or use your own type of curry.)
- Add salt and white pepper to taste. I use white pepper because I love it but you can use black if you prefer.