Many years ago, someone in the family collected recipes from descendants of my great grandparents, William M. and Florence E. (Snodgrass) Whaley and had them compiled into a cookbook. I am posting those recipes here so that they will not be lost. This recipe was submitted by Donna Whaley.
- 1 large
- head lettuce, torn or shredded
- ripe avocado, chopped
- 1 lb
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 pkg
- taco flavor doritos or plain fritos, crushed
- 1 bottle
- (8 oz) thousand island dressing
- 4 medium
- tomatoes, diced
- 1 lb
- ground beef
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- 1 can(s)
- ranch style beans (15 oz size)
- tabasco sauce
How to Make Mexican Salad
- 1Mix together, in large salad bowl, shredded lettuce, chopped avocado, diced tomato and chopped onion. Set aside.
- 2Brown ground beef and drain grease. Add beans and heat thoroughly.
- 3Add meat and bean mixture to salad bowl. Add crushed Doritos or Fritos, shredded cheese and Thousand Island dressing to bowl. Toss and mix well.
- 4Add salt, pepper and Tabasco sauce to taste.