Russ's Baked Beans
It's believed that baked beans originated from a Native American dish, where beans were baked with maple syrup. Beans were originally baked in a ceramic or cast iron bean pot.
Maine's logging camps buried the beans in a stone lined pit to cook overnight.
- 1 can (28 oz.) baked beans
- 1/3 - 1/2 C. BBQ sauce (depending on how tangy you like it)
- 1/4 C. brown sugar
- 1/4 C. finely diced onions
- 1/2 C. hickory smoked bacon, cut up
How to Make Russ's Baked Beans
- 1Fry bacon lightly, until heated through but still soggy. Mix all ingredients into a cassarole dish and bake for about 20-30 min at 350 F.