This recipe is private
Roasted Cod Fish, Tomatoes, Orange & Onions
A favorite fish recipe your sure to enjoy.
- 1 lb. ripe but firm small round or plum tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch-thick wedges
- 2 med. yellow onions, cut into 1/4 inch thick wedges
- 1 Tbs. finely slivered orange zest
- 1 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs chopped fresh thyme leaves, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless cod, or other thick-cut, firm-fleshed fish, cut into 4 equal portions
How to Make Roasted Cod Fish, Tomatoes, Orange & Onions
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Combine tomatoes, onions, orange zest, oil and chopped thyme in a 3-quart glass or ceramic baking dish.
- 3Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper; stir to combine.
- 4Roast, stirring occasionally, until the onions are golden and brown on the edges, about 45 minutes.
- 5Remove from the oven. Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees.
- 6Push the vegetables aside, add fish and season with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper; spoon the vegetables over the fish.
- 7Return the baking dish to the oven and bake until the fish is opaque in the center, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- 8To serve, divide the fish and vegetables among 4 plates and garnish with thyme sprigs.
About Roasted Cod Fish, Tomatoes, Orange & Onions
You May Also Like:
Show 4 Comments & Reviews